The Advantage to Being a Woman

Hi all!! I have been a member of this site for several months now, but unfortunately have not been “staying regular”. I honestly think frequenting websites, especially this one with SOO much support, should become a PART of my diabetes treatment plan!! Eat healthy, check blood sugar, take insulin, check Tudiabetes!!

Anyway, I just wanted to share something my endocrinologist told me recently. He said that he thinks women have an extreme advantage over men when it comes to their diabetes. At first, I was a bit taken back because to me, an uncontrolled diabetic for years who was now seriously considering getting my body ready for a little one, I couldn’t imagine why. But, he said women have this desire for children that will drive them to do anything, including becoming “born again diabetic” with impeccable blood sugar control so that we can have that dream of being a Mommy. Then, we have this little one relying on us, so stay strong AND we then know that we can do it. Where men don’t get that advantage, they still think it is too hard and just think they can’t. Hmmm made sense to me!!

So, just remember, we can all do anything we put our minds to and even when we go through those hard times and disappointments, at least NOW we aren’t alone!!

Thank you all just for being there. I look to you for my inspiration! =:~]

I have to say that I agree with your endo. I know that my desire for children is so strong that it is probably the only thing that could motivate me to get as healthy as possible. My endo wants my A1c to be 7.3 or lower before I can start trying for a baby so that is my biggest goal right now. I am going to get it checked again in a couple of weeks or maybe a month from now. Good luck to you on your own journey!