The difference between type 1 and 1.5

Hi Marty: Yes, there is quite a big group here on TuD of the newly diagnosed adult-onset Type 1s! You have enough to make a big team! And of course to really help each other out, which is so important.

LADA ot T1.5 does not usually come with insulin resistance from my understanding.

You'd be surprised how much age-of-patient-at-diagnosis has to do with treatment options and lots of other things."

I'm in that situation now. While I was in the hospital being treated ( I was diagnosed with T1 and admitted with a BG over 500 at the age of 38) I noticed that after they removed the insulin drip, the nurses started injecting me with an orange insulin pen shaped device. But when they were ready to discharge me someone came in to show me how to use the "old vial and needles". I was wise enough to ask if I could just use the same pens the nurses used.

But of course, being new to the whole thing I was not wise enough to ask for an insulin pump. Now, because my A1C is between 5.5 and 6.5 my doctor writes me up as "controlled" and the insurance company won't spring for an insulin pump.

Even the JDRF has come around and finally admitted that most T1's are not kids or are not kids anymore,

I tell that to every overly zealous parent who comes asking for a donation to some childrens program.

I'm also very insulin sensitive. I thought I was the only one. It's been almost six years since my diagnosis and I still can't use more than 6 units of insulin without going hypo.