The Healing Effect of Social Networks - article on "The Voice"

The newsletter titled “The Voice”, published by the Bay Area chapter of JDRF will be received by chapter members this week. On it, there’s an article I wrote titled “The Healing Effect of Social Networks.”

You can read it here, if you want.

I am very thankful that they would let me share this story with them.

It is great article Manny.This community is unique: support,information,experience,compassion and healing art.

Great article Manny. I think what you and this community have been doing here is very inspirational on many levels. In an introductory talk about social networks tonight I definitely brought up TuDiabetes as a great positive use-case scenario that developers had not yet considered.

If you think about Maslowe’s Hierarchy of Needs Triangle, it applies very much to social media and interaction. I tied in the sucess of social networks to his theories talking about the belonging and importance levels. However, I feel this community ties in even deeper to the lower levels of security and even survival, which a huge push behind its success and closeness.

I don’t visit as often as I’d like but I really admire what this community is doing.

Thanks for your comments!

I am flattered that you shared the community as an example when talking about social networks. :slight_smile: