The low monster strikes again

For the third day in a row, I've woken up in the middle of the night with sever lows. You can read about it here.

Me too!! Had a bad one last week that almost necessitated a visit from EMS. Another one last night. Not as bad, but bad enough to lose almost an entire night’s sleep. When you have a bad middle-of-the-night low, are you ever scared to go back to sleep? I always have trouble falling back asleep. Scared I won’t wake up :-/

You probably already know this but just in case. 4 skittles will raise my son’s bg about 20 points. Usually it is pretty close. I was not aware of the exact points until this year and thought why didn’t anyone tell me this sooner. Hope it helps. I hate the ups and downs of a low then a high. Take care.

Wow these posts are popular at the moment! As I said to ‘MyBustedPancreas’ I can empathise with what you are going through, so here is a hug
I have been through some pretty bad overnight lows (you can read about it in my hypo blog) and know exactly what you are talking about when you describe the symptoms of a ‘hanglowver’ (love the term btw :-)) Best advise I can give is the way I dealt with this problem…firstly if possible consider switching to a quicker acting insulin for your dinner shot - that way this shot isn’t still acting when you go to bed. Secondly eat some looong acting carbs before bed like a piece or two of brown bread - this will provide a nice long acting sugar that will help balance your sugars overnight.

Take care -Ant.

Thanks @Ant97gtr!! I already take fast acting, but I am looking at decreasing my Lantus just a bit. I appreciate the carb suggestion!!!