The unavoidable flu

Every year I get a flu shot from my endo, because he always gets them and gives them to me for free. Well, go figure, he didn’t get them this year for whatever reason. He said this is the first year in 25 that he hasn’t. Fantastic! Of course, after that, I never got around to getting one…yet.

My fiance, who I live with, did get a flu shot however. So when he started feeling bad last night, I didn’t really think it would be flu. Well, he went to the doctor today and sure enough: FLU. He said is was “mild” though…whatever that means.

Is it even possible for me to avoid it now? I’m doubtful. And this couldn’t come at a worse time, but then when would be a good time to have the flu? Right now I’m thinking just about any time I don’t have two hard deadlines at work coming beginning of December, and three weekends of already-planned travel.

If I’ve ever had the flu before, I don’t remember it. Don’t remember being around my fiance as he’s had it either. Though he’s always sick with something, so in that regard it doesn’t surprise me he got the stupid flu despite getting the shot.

UGH GRRRR @#$#@%#@$!@#!!!

What do you do if you know you’re about to get the flu? (Besides pout)

talk to your Doc about Tamiflu.
When you or someone in your family begins to experience flu symptoms, you have 48 hours to take action. Trust TAMIFLU, the number-one prescribed antiviral flu medicine*:

For flu treatment:
When taken within two days of experiencing symptoms, TAMIFLU works by helping to stop the flu virus from spreading inside the body
For flu prevention:
When you have been exposed to someone with the flu, taking TAMIFLU can help keep the virus from making you sick
TAMIFLU is not a substitute for the flu shot; vaccination is the first line of defense for flu protection
I’d look into it.

Thanks! Yeah, I didn’t know about that until right after I posted it. He was actually prescribed this and mentioned to me it could be used for prevention. So I called my doctor and took one tonight already.

Hopefully it will work!

maybe much prior to the flu …ad Vit. D to your daily regime ; at least 1000IU …helps your immune system. I know, this was not your question …hope you accept it

Tamiflu is evil.

I had to take the Tamiflu, and it raised my blood sugars in the 300’s while under the treatment. I even had to hike my basal up 180%.