The World is Too Much With Us

The World is Too Much With Us
Those are Wordsworth’s words, and he has nailed it for me, though he wrote it in the 1806. I wonder what he would have thought about my day, today. So many people wanted a piece of me: my work partner sent an alarming email and scheduled two emergency meetings for tomorrow morning, and we will need to talk tonight; my practice teacher wants a letter of reference – not sure she really will, once I do her evaluation; the car dash is flashing that my tires are low; the cat is out of soft cat food; my son wants to pick up his jersey that is having lettering done on it, wants me to buy hockey tickets, wants nachos that are high in salt (high blood pressure issues), and wants me to listen to an annoying song on utube; my esthetician called to tell me about a group-on for lasering – an aside worry is to ask why she wants to give me a Brazilian lasering so badly? But, yes, I buy it, and now I see there is another group-on for removing spider veins from legs – do I do this, too? My trainer texts me to schedule for tomorrow after work – geez, she’s going to be disappointed that I haven’t done much since the last time I trained with her, just mostly sitting on a heating pad (my back injury) and stuffing marshmallows that were going to be for a rice crispy cake, but that’s a lost dream now… It goes on………..and on!

Ya, Wordsworth, whatya think of that day??? Do you think I’m too far away from a babbling brook? Ya think?

A superior, after a difficult conversation – he said he didn’t know if I’d get approval in time for something I really need approval for – said, “You’re looking really tired. What’s going on; are you alright?” Now I have to tell him why I don’t look “fresh”. Gawd, I’m so worn down, and it’s only Wednesday! And, Friday? Am I looking forward to it? Not really: that’s the day for the Brazilian.

Thanks for responding, Judith. I like the term "peripheral crap". I think I might have a tad too much of it in my life... will work on that!