There is Nothing Fair About The Fair

Well, here in Texas we are smack dab in the middle of “Fair Season.” You know, the place you go and take your kids and spend gobs of money on absolute cr@p and rides that scare the bejeezus out of you (and not because they go upside down, but because you find yourself praying that they do not fall apart while you are upside down!). However, it is not the trinkets or rides that 1st spring to mind when 99.9% of people are asked about the fair…… it is THE FOOD! Corn dogs, funnel cakes, strawberry lemonade, turkey legs, caramel…

Oh…the funnel cakes! Calls for dinner out after all the fun rides:)

same here in SoCal with the L.A. County Fair. we may not have Deep-fried Butter, but we do have Chocolate Covered Bacon

Oh yes…funnel cakes, caramel apples, chilli, and hot dogs with EVERYTHING on it, yummmmmm

I’m very active with the NJ State Fair as a judge and a volunteer. I’m there almost every day when it’s on in August, and my favorite Fair food is the mixed Tempura veggies with horseradish sauce. I had it three times this year. My runner-up is the Gyro with yogurt sauce.

Funnel cake…I used to make my own at home. Haven’t done that in years.