Thinks

This evening I was thinking and that made me think (seriously); I wondered how much of my time is spent worrying about Nikki's blood sugars and then worrying about whether or not I'm doing all the things necessary to help her become a healthy, successful and independent young lady - That's when I realized that my overactive worrying/thinking button had been pushed and that, in turn, caused me to start speaking in "Suess language" again. The result is the following poem:
MY THINKS
Oh the thinks I can think In one quick little blink I think about hope I think about nope I think about ways to help her cope When I think what I'm thinking, I shake my head hard Still my mind starts in blinking, which causes MORE thinking I think about shots I think about red spots then I think about tears and I think about fears and I wonder if diabetes will last all her years When I think what I'm thinking, I shake my head hard Still my mind starts in blinking which causes MORE thinking I think of her smiles I think of her eyes and I think that her future will soar past the skies When I think what I'm thinking, I shake my head hard I let my mind blink and I welcome the thinks Cause' her future's much brighter than all the thinks I may think.

:-D. Thanks for the uplifting words!

For all the anxiety we complain of with HAVING diabetes - I know it has to take more strength to care for a child with diabetes. Obviously, you are still able to keep a sense of humor! Your child is SO blessed to have you.

When you think your thinks :slight_smile: - know that she will have a brighter future than any doctor will suggest - there will be advances - likely a cure! Also, she will have optimism - and a positive spirit. So much of that is given to us by our strong parents and the faith they have - and convey to us.