This little piggy

Can u send me a head shot of you?

I don't have one that I like, but I will have one takenASAP, like, today or tomorrow.

Roger

On 17 December 2016 at 23:33 Allyson <tudiabetes@discoursemail.com> wrote:

allyson

December 18

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Roger212

December 17Yes, by all means use my story if it can help you. Please let me know when you publish. Roger Tulk On 14 December 2016 at 11:00 Allyson <tudiabetes@discoursemail.com> wrote: #3b5998; ; font-size: 13px; font-family: ‘lucida grande’,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif;" href="http://www.tudiabetes.org/…

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Ok great!

Let's try this one. The first attmept came back undeliverable.

Roger

On 19 December 2016 at 10:35 "Roger N. Tulk" <roger@tulk.org> wrote:

I don't have one that I like, but I will have one takenASAP, like, today or tomorrow.

Roger

On 17 December 2016 at 23:33 Allyson <tudiabetes@discoursemail.com> wrote:

allyson

December 18

In Reply To

Roger212

December 17Yes, by all means use my story if it can help you. Please let me know when you publish. Roger Tulk On 14 December 2016 at 11:00 Allyson <tudiabetes@discoursemail.com> wrote: #3b5998; ; font-size: 13px; font-family: ‘lucida grande’,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif;" href="http://www.tudiabetes.org/…

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

OK. I guess that worked.

Such a handsome guy!

2 Likes

Roger, I’m so sad for you but find myself most emotional about your openness and sharing.

I’ve had diabetes 47 years - age 11. From 15 until my 30’s, bulimia; then alcoholism (in recovery). The guilt I have had propelled me into less control. Nightmare and I am more grateful than I know how to say for the roads of recovery. Like you, I have more complications than I know what to do with.

Your story made me tearful I think because of the tragedy of this disease especially for those of us who are less able to achieve our own diabetes goals. But also the inherent guilt. I know the answer is in self forgiveness, the beginnings of all my recovery.

When I read your story, that necessary compassion leapt ahead. Thank you from the bottom of my toes. I hope you are healing well physically and psychologically- have peace and feel the love you have generated and fostered here.

2 Likes

Thank you, Kimball, for your kind words. The last thing I want is for anyone to feel sad for me. In spite of the diabetes, I have had a life many would envy, with all the tribulations, not all of which were diabetes-related. I have four wonderful adult children, and a comfortable retirement, and few needs that are not being met. So I am not sad. My foot healed, and I can move on from here. There will be other challenges, but I have learned that “sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof,” and tomorrow is another day.

The depression that the complications engender when something goes wrong can propel me into carelessness, and when I was young I sometimes rebelled against being diabetic, and it takes a while to realize that these feelings are a natural reaction to an unnatural situation, and while we may regret things we did or failed to do, we cannot undo them. We must learn from our mistakes, but guilt is a waste of time. The past is past. Lock it away and live today and tomorrow as fully as you can. You are a good person, and deserve to enjoy your life. You know the Serenity Prayer; the past is one of the things you cannot change, but you can alter the future. God bless.

1 Like

Thank you for your edifying words Roger. D is a mean teacher but learn we must.

Glad to hear you are healing well and mostly, of your acceptance and peace. Best to you and yours in the new year. Kim

1 Like

Just in cast you were wondering, I can now consider myself fully healed. My walking has not been good since this all started, and I have been taking wheelchairs through airports since at least 2015. It’s great, as you get to jump the queue, and everyone is SO nice to you, but in the last month my walking has dramatically improved, and I walked a kilometre recently with only a little fatigue, and no pain. It’s as if the clouds have rolled away and I am sitting in the sunshine. Thanks for all your good wishes, and I wish you all a happy and healthy life.

Oh, I’ve bitten the bullet and am getting a pump attached to me on Saturday. CGM to follow. About time, eh?

5 Likes