Ticked at Web MD

Has anybody checked out their slideshow Type 1 Diabetes Explained? Info on CGM use is wrong (ie, these are not intended to be used long-term, should only be left in place 3 days, etc.) And their photo of a ‘balanced meal’ for a T1D is a sandwich, apple, grapes, juice, 2 cookies and 3 pieces of candy. What gives? The medical info. in the slides is reviewed by a family doc, not an Endo. I wrote and suggested they might want an Endo to take a look. But good grief, this is a medical web site, supposedly a fairly well respected one. Ridiculous, pretty indefensible, maybe even dangerous in the case of the photo of the meal. Thanks for letting me vent.

Length of use depends on the CGM. Dexcom is 7 days.

I'm guessing the CGM information is just out of date. That's changed a lot over the past few years.

I looked it up and they're showing the old medtronic cgm so that explains that, they were different and they're not like the enlites or dexcom.

Also that is not a balanced meal, web md you're trippin'. A balanced meal with a sandwich for me is like 1 peanut butter sandwich (on whole wheat with 2 tbsp of peanut butter ), a pack of baby carrots, and an atkin's shake or cup of low fat yogurt (that's usually 40-ish carbs with the atkin's shake or around 50-60 with the yogurt) . I wouldn't understand that much fruit, candy , and that many cookies. You need some veggies in theeeeeere.

You weren't kidding—that is a sugary lunch!

To be fair to WebMD, here's the caption:

Type 1 Diabetes and Diet
There are many myths about what people with diabetes can and cannot eat. The reality is there are no "off limits" foods. You can eat sweets as part of a well-balanced diet and treatment plan. The key is to work with your health care team to balance your insulin therapy, meals, and level of physical activity.

However, I'm not inclined to agree that type 1 diabetics can eat anything. Sure, it's not like a peanut allergy, where one bite could kill you, but certainly there are a lot of foods that I cannot eat without experiencing high blood sugar. I consider those foods "off limits," for sure.

Related and extremely interesting: http://asweetlife.org/feature/people-with-diabetes-can-eat-everything-really/