Today, I need a hug

My fasting BGs are always above 100. Usually, they range between 105 and 130. I wouldn’t consider them “high” compared to what I have read that others experience. Of course, they aren’t ideal either.

For a couple reasons. Many people experience both hunger and a feeling of panic when they are low, so they overeat on those “forbidden items” and then experience highs. Glucose tabs come in precise doses (and you learn what is your own dose - for me it’s 2 tablets in the 50s and 3 below). Also, glucose tablets are the most rapid acting form of sugar. And they don’t have any fat like some foods do to slow down the action.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} :slight_smile: Hope everything is going good for you!

I correct hypos with ‘forbidden items’.

But I never overeat because my hypo treatments are all carefully measured out into 15g carb portions. I only ever take one portion at a time.

For example I buy the cocktail-sized (150ml) bottles of Coke and keep them well chilled in the fridge. They are the perfect size for treating a hypo. And boy does it taste good going down.

HUGS!! and MORE HUGS!!

You can test out just how far 1 glucose tab raises your glucose and develop your own algorithm. At 107 lbs, you may find that 1/2 of a 4 gm tablet raises you 12-13 mg/dL; a whole 4 gm tablet raises you 26; 1.5 tablet raises you 40. In getting out of lows, you can then take the closest that will put you at 100 and reliably do it without the “take 15 gms, wait 15 minutes, test”. I believe in testing a second time, but as a person who weighs 105 lbs, I take only enough to raise me to 100 mg/dL. If I were to take 15 gms, I’d have raised myself 100 mg/dL and be up in the 160s.

(((Hugs)))