Tomorrow is the day

I feel like tomorrow is D-day. My one year anniversary being a diabetic. It sucks, really. I still have yet to get this under control. I am the worlds worst procrastaning person. I don’t want to do anything until the poop hits the fan. I need my poop to hurry up and hit so that I will get this under control. LOL! I can do this I just won’t. I am honest about it. I don’t know where or how to get the motivation to be successful at being a diabetic. I don’t know what to do.

A year is still pretty early in figuring it all out for a lot of people. It can all be pretty overwhelming - there’s so much to learn, so much to do, and diabetes seems to take up so much energy, needing to be measured with every little thing you do. And then when you think you’re doing everything right, it’s like diabetes has a mind of its own, and your numbers just go wacky anyways!!!

So don’t beat yourself up. I sure did during my first year. Then I decided to concentrate on making small changes, and not too many at a time. As those small changes created positive change over time, I made more small changes. Its much more manageable and doable for me - maybe that might work for you too.