Touching base

I hope this worked (not at my computer).

3 Likes

Awesome - Thank you

Wow, i would never have thought about the front of the shin/ankle like that. Thanks!

@Thas I’m so glad it is working there for you! Thanks for the picture. :wave:

Wow, 81 days? My records is 46, and typically I get 30 days. I’ll have to give that a try! My only worry is that it would be painful or get knocked off the moment I bang my shin on something.

1 Like

Banging on things, perhaps, that depends on you. It was not at all painful - barely felt it go in, and hardly know it’s there.

This one lasted 53 days and was super comfortable.

Someday maybe I will try mine there. I still cringe though when I think about it though and seeing it all I can think, then say, is “ouch!” I’m so glad it is working out for both you @Clare_T_Fishman and @Thas. Here’s hoping you prove me wrong!

Lol, I’m with Tapestry, I cringe as it being painful lol. I would have never thought to put it there.

It seems like it could be a useful spot though and it looks like it is under sock height so I have a grunge factor when I wear mine a long time because of applying more adhesive to it. Did you apply extra skin adhesive at any time? Because that seems to be the issue with me is I have to keep reapplying some to edges that come up. I think my longest one has been 37 days. It’s so much nicer/easier to just keep these guys on and not switch them out.

Seriously??? Isn’t that kind of a bony spot?

When I was using the 670G I frequented the FB sites for it and a number of Guardian users were using the back of the calf, so I gave it a try. First two were great, and so was the third at first, but after a few days it suddenly became excruciatingly painful in certain positions and I ended up yanking it. Haven’t had the nerve to try that area again.

I’ve tried the back of the calf several times. Not painful for me, but the problem I ran into there was that the area is very vascular and I always got bleeders. Sometimes, it would settle down after 24 hours, but sometimes, it failed outright, and worse - sometimes, it “worked” but was extremely sensitive to movement, so every time I would walk around, the sensor would indicate a big rise in BG (falsely). I don’t have those issues on the side of my ankle.

1 Like