Trader Joe's Junkies - whats on your list?

don’t forget the tempura seaweed if you like the exotic

Awe, man. I don’t live anywhere near a Trader Joe’s now and suddenly I’m feeling all nostalgic and really missing all this stuff. Plus, they always had great beer.

dont get me started on the beer…

I only buy swordfish from Trader joes.

Flash Frozen steaks are teh best and they are so reasonalby priced, I can’t stand it.

I go in and buy like 10 at a time. I love grilling those suckers up.

Trader joes is the best ever.

Oh, and the MILK. Not the “organic” milk, but the other Trader Joes milk which is , for all intents and purposes, Organic. No hormones and all that. Cheap and tasty.

The only place to buy milk in my opinion.

What?! NOOOOOOOO!

The chili lime burgers are A-MAZ-ING.
and about 5 carbs and 10 grams of protein.
delicious

cheese and nuts.

The 0 fat greek yogurt hands down is the best, no additives, 8 carbs per cup. i mix it with their raw almond butter and cinnamon. The omega trail mix and all their nuts are great. I love their frozen veggies spinach and edamanne. Their frozen berries are great for smoothies. The gouda cheese and the buffalo burgers are my favorite. Also nitrate free bacon.

I love Trader Joes! I love their UFOs, which are bite size minty dark chocolates. Mmmmm!

Thanks Jeannie…I love greek yogurt,almond butter and cinnamon but never thought to add them all together…sounds yummy! I bet my pb2 would work too :slight_smile:

I just came home with bags of goodies:

“Reduced Guilt” potato chips: 12 chips=14 carbs.
For breakfast: TJ’s Fully Cooked Roast Beef Hash: 1/2 container (decent serving size) = 14 carbs
Frozen chicken tikka masala w/basmati rice: 1 entire normal-sized meal package = 30 carbs.
Frozen butter chicken w/basmati rice: 1 cup (slightly less than the entire portion) = 31 carbs.
Frozen braised beef short ribs with potatoes and carrots: 1 serving is 1/4 of large serving box = 15 carbs, so even a very large serving would only be a total of 30 carbs.

TJ’s flourless chocolate cake: 1 normal serving size = 21 carbs

Mango Passion Torta Cotta (panna cotta, cruncy nougat and biscuit layers): 1 normal pre-cut serving = 15 carbs

TJ’s Righteous Rounds (chocolate chip cookies with fiber): 5 cookies (small handful) = 17 carbs

Five Seed Almond Bars (flax, poppy, sunflower, sesame and pumpkin seeds) with EPA, DHA and Omega 3 fatty acids: 1 bar = 15 carbs

Trail Mix “Nuts about Raspberries” (almonds peanuts, choc chips & dried raspberries): 1/4 cup = 7 carbs.

Trail Mix “Simply the Best” (cashews, almonds, dried pineapple, dried cranberries, dried cherries)": 1/4 cup = 11 carbs.

TJ’s Dark Belgian Chocolate-Covered Almonds: 9 almonds = 12 carbs.

YUM!

Stay away from the peanut butter with roasted flaxseeds. Ugh.

Great discussion! I am enjoying discovering what other Ds eat from TJs.

I have to bolus for a serving of these but they are both relatively low carb:
TJ Kettle Corn PopCorn
TJ Flax seed spicy tortilla chips

These seem to be “free” for me (at least for a couple):
Calbee Snapea Crisps
TJ Dark Choc Covered almonds w/sea salt
shelled salted pistachios
avocados
flaxseed peanut butter
organic string cheese

recycled t.p. and paper towel
recycled plastic toothbrushes
desert essence tea tree oil pads

Timed-release 1000-mg Vitamin C (really helps my allergies; it’s a natural antihistamine)

Toasted slivered almonds

Their canned artichoke hearts are the best price around! Also canned Hearts of Palm.

Blu water.

Those one-serving sized quiches are nice for quick lunches–not sure how healthy they are, but they are yummy.

My kids love the frozen mochi ice cream balls.

Really nice triple-milled soaps–the oatmeal one lasts forever because of being triple-milled.

Veggie wash.

And a lot more hops into our cart as we go through the store.

Organic eggs, wine, sourdough bread, brown rice, oatmael, and sometimes chocolate…

I kind of like my peanut butter as…just peanut butter. I’ve tried low fat, low salt and ‘alternative butters’ and for me it’s regular PB or nada ;-(

My favorite thing is the sesame honey cashews – 15 carbs per quarter cup serving, and they are SO good. I also like the greek yogurt, and loooooove the spicy hummus (although I have to watch it with that because I can never seem to limit myself to the 2 Tbs. serving size).

Somebody else mentioned the blueberry flax meal … I’m definitely going to look for that next time we go to TJ’s. Thanks for the tip!

Wild chuck light tuna and their no sugar added mayonnaise. I also love their sunflower seeds, almond meal and Larabars.

frozen cubes of crushed garlic

In the freezer section they have crushed garlic that keeps good for a long time and when you need som garlic, just push out a frozen cube and your hands don’t even smell like garlic. Each cube is one clove.