Trigger Finger

Just curious if any of you are currently dealing with trigger finger? I have had it for about a year now in my left hand (my writing hand). The pain comes and goes, usually hurts the worst at the end of a work day. I have a finger splint made by Active Innovations that has given me very little relief. Even pain meds do not help. I have seen my primary care doctor about this and she said there is very little that can be done besides pain medication, possible injections at the site of the pain, and then surgery as a last resort. Has anybody tried anything that has given them relief?

Mine cleared up with a lot of Advil (maybe 6 per day) over a six month period.

I’ve never had trigger finger, but I’ve read of others who had the surgery and said it was very easy and quite effective.

I've had 4 episodes of trigger finger. 3 eventually required surgery, which was extremely effective and very little pain afterwards. My last bout of trigger thumb, I started splinting early and really watched the repetitive or overuse of that thumb and after about 6 weeks cleared up. Of course it helps that I've had my lowest A1c's over the last year.