Trivia Question #14

According to a recent survey, 23% of New Yorkers have never seen this in person.

What is it?

A farm.

Definitely one of the major NYC landmarks/tourist attractions… I’ll guess the Statue of Liberty, but it could as easily be the Empire State Building (presuming going up to the observatories) or Central Park or the Brooklyn Bridge. Or one of the major museums (American Museum of Natural History / Rose Center / Hayden Planetarium, or the Metropolitan Museum of Art, or the Museum of Modern Art, or the Guggenheim Museum). Or the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.

One might be tempted to say “Times Square / New Year’s Eve / watching the ball drop”, but I’d venture that more than 3/4 of us regularly choose not to tempt that mob scene… Similarly, a very high proportion of long-time New York residents have never bothered to see the Custom House, Federal Hall, or the New York Stock Exchange building, or any of the minor museums that even a dedicated tourist could miss…

Again, high prices put Broadway shows, Lincoln Center performances, and Carnegie Hall performances out of the reach of most New Yorkers.

I cheated and I know what it is. nah nee nah nee boo boo.

still no winners, we will wait a bit longer and then BBach can give us a cheating answer :wink:

In person? New york Mayor?

New Jersey.

The ocean

no to all, here is a hint, the farm was the closest answer so far

A cow

Yep cow it is :slight_smile:

I can not beleive it !!!

I’m a NYer and I’ve seen many a cow! :stuck_out_tongue:

The Statue of Liberty!