TTC 2nd time around as a type 1

I’ve been a type 1 diabetic for about 5 years, my daughter just turned 2 and I would like to have a 2nd but I can’t seem to get my blood sugars under control like I did the first time around. I wear a pump/sensor (have from day 1), I religiously bolus ahead of my meals, I’m a celiac too so my diet is strictly gluten free. I’m beginning to think I should give up bc I don’t want to have a second witj blood sugar with so much variability and not consistent with pregnancy or even pre-pregnancy goals. Any advice?? Seemed so much easier first time around :confused:

The first time I came across the “TTC” acronym left me scratching my head trying to figure out what it stood for. After some google searches I found that it means “trying to conceive.”

Have you tried reducing the amount of carbohydrates you consume?

1 Like

@Jordan3
There is an entire sub-category dedicated to this topic. If you have not already, you may want to peruse some of the threads.

https://forum.tudiabetes.org/c/diabetes-and-pregnancy/trying-to-get-pregnant

2 Likes

Have you been on a pump for a long time? If so you could be having absorption issues.

A lot of commercial gluten-free products have very high glycemic indexes, so you might try eliminating those if you use them.

Sometimes I experience what I call, ‘physiological drift.’ The system is one way, and then it just drifts into another sort of behavior. So, it might be goofy right now, but that doesn’t mean it will be that way forever.

Do you have tight deadlines on TTC? Or, could you wait a year?