Twas the ice cream that did him in

I was doing so well the past few weeks, even with starting the pump of not having any numbers over 210. Dinner last night put a nail in that coffin lol Not sure if I hit an air bubble in my pod or just didn't dose enough. Turkey sandwich (post holiday sandwich, turkey, swiss, stuffing and cranberry sauce) on grilled white bread. I think it was the peanut butter cup sundae for dessert that caused the fatal wound though. My first reading above 300 in probably 6 months. It was quickly squashed and I've been in range all day today, still.... Oh well, at the time (and even today) the treat was worth it. Now back to our regularly scheduled toast and yogurt.

Hi Black Llama- Your guess of the peanut butter cup sundae was probably correct. The sundae has a lot of fat, between the ice cream and the peanut butter you ate quite a bit of fat. Fat Takes longer to metabolize to simple carbs than foods made with complex carbs. The same thing has happened to me on occasion.( not too often luckily.) When you choose to eat a treat like the pb cup you have to weight the consequences. It appears you did. Have a great New Year. Cat