Type 1.5

My mother talked to her doctor about my health problems and if he thought it was related to my health problems, and if i could have been diabetic longer than anyone thinks.

Apparently he thinks that I started as a type 1.5 since I was 15 when my health problems began and slowly turned into a type 1. That could be why the type 2 meds didn’t work for me for very long.

My health has improved so much since I began insulin 2 months ago.

I get really mad when I think about how long I dealt with boils, and being tired all the time, and all I needed was insulin. Am I bad for being angry about it? Is it okay that I’m mad at every doctor I’ve ever seen for not really looking at the problems I was having and test me?

I also look back, and realize (and Mom’s doctor agrees) how lucky I am to even be alive considering its possible I have been diabetic since I was about 15 with no current health complications.

Oi Vey!

I shudder to think about how long I may have had diabetes before I had DKA and was diagnosed T1 in 2002! I was mad at my doctor (probably still am, and am not seeing her anymore) for not catching anything in the year prior that I was having various health issues.