Type 1 and Pregnant

I am a type 1 diabetic with lots of complications. I just found out about a week ago that I am once again pregnant. We have been trying for 2.5 years after a loss in 2014 at 20 weeks. I am praying so hard that everything goes good with this pregnancy and I don’t have another loss. Trying not to stress myself out but it is so hard. Doctor is already concerned about my HCG levels, they were at 119 yesterday. She said it might just be that I am not as far along as I thought and might have ovulated later than I thought. Praying that’s all it is. I am having my levels redrawn on Monday and have my first ultrasound on Tuesday! I am very excited but at the same time I am going to be a worry wart!

Holly, I am a Dad, and a PWD of 41 years. I had to look up what a HCG level is. So what I can say will be of little comfort. But I want to let you know is that we here wish you the very best. I am so sorry you are having to face this issue.

As I said I have little advice, other than to say we know many of our diabetes sisters have successful pregnancies. My wife and I will hold you in our thoughts.

What’s your BG control like? Optimizing your control can only have a positive effect on the pregnancy.

Congrats to you. Step back…and take it one step st a time…even without D I remember freaking out with every littlw thing when I was pregnant. How are your numbers gal? Congrats on your pregnancy and remember that each day is important. Whether you have D or not. How exciting for you. :sunny: