Type 1 near union nj

im looking for fellow type 1 diabetics in there 20s neer union nj.

I’m a 49-year-old T2 in North Plainfield. I’ve not been to these to say for sure (I’d expect more T2 than T1, and an older rather than younger crowd) but there’s a support group at one of the facilities associated with JFK hospital (I believe in Rahway). I know there’s a woman with a pump associated with a women’s triathlete group in the Westfield area (met her briefly at a Specialized Bicycles reception at Jay’s Cycle Center in Westfield). She appears to be more likely in her 30’s or 40’s, though.

I think one or more of the women associated with the Act1 support group out of Friedman Center/Beth Israel in Manhattan may also live in NJ. These gals are mostly in their 20’s. You may want to search for (and friend-request) Allison Blass (http://www.lemonadelife.com); she has arranged a couple of D-meetups in NYC and may be able to point you in the right direction.

My STARFLEET friends and I do the Ocean County JDRF walk, among whom there are a number of twenty-something walkers. I’m not sure how many of them are T1, as opposed to friends-and-family-of, or general supporters or walkathon junkies, or if there’s a similar population out of the Central NJ JDRF office. You might want to touch base with Carey Potash (one of the Blogabetes bloggers on dLife) to see if he can give you some insight.

Also, check the member directory and the New Jersey group to find more of us (both T1 and T2) in the Garden State.