Type 1 no bolus vs. One unit

I talked to Walgreens last week and they said their distributor no longer carried them. Even went online and chatted with one of their helpers there. They said they stopped manufacturing them in the US. I did some research but found nothing either way. I have been to two endos and both have said they didn’t think you could get cartridges. Who knows.

i just got a refill of the cartridges from walgreens (for this novojunior pen) many children use these. you can always use a syringe with 1/2 units and just use a vial or the pens (if that's easier to transport) and draw up 1/2 units with a syringe from the pen too.

It's not quite as precise but I used to bolus "between the lines" on the needle to approximate 1/2 U increments. My friend who had Type G gave me some 1/3U syringes she got that have smaller increments too.

If you believe the bg problem is purely linear, then basal testing is by definition "correct" and I was not correct :-)

The thing is, the linearity breaks down at some point for everyone, and in your case (honeymoon) it's not surprising that your pancreas produces more insulin on the days you eat, than on the days you don't eat. Because your pancreas is still working. I think there are people here who would zoom in and say that it's your pancreas' second phase insulin production that is responsible for the slight hypos you're seeing 3 or 4 hours after a meal. If you're in your honeymoon phase it's not surprising you've still got some second phase insulin production - others here have talked about in some cases where the first phase is too little and the second phase is actually too much.

For those of us who are by very nature nonlinear, basal testing is at best a good start for actual basal doses. It has to be tweaked from that starting point. Tweaking it a unit or two in TDD is not a big breakdown of linearity.