Ugg

So I woke up at 5am yesterday to mill around the hospital and waste several hours of my time. When my dad and I got in they were unsure if they were even going through with the surgical biopsy because of my issue with having fluid around my lungs, so they had to take a chest x-ray and go from there which took two hours. I was in the room you go in right before they take you to surgery when they decided to wheel me back to the pre-surgery ward where they prep you for surgery. They thought it was too risky to put me under and would rather try to drain the fluid first and then try doing the surgery. I was then wheeled to interventional radiology to do the drain and the doctor there said he could probably do the biopsy with just a needle instead of going in surgically. They drained 1 liter of fluid and wanted me to rest for an hour to see how I did but somewhere in that time I became distressed and we found that I had a small air pocket in my right lung so they called off the biopsy for now, my body was under enough stress. By then it was noonish. They kept me until 4pm for observation. Oh did I mention that I had nothing to eat or drink since 9pm the night before and was not allowed anything all day, oi. I am glad however, that they got some fluid drained from around my lungs. The picture below may not be for the squeemish…

My goodness! How are you doing now? Did they happened to say what caused the fluid in your lungs? Hope you will feel better soon…

Thanks, and I am feeling better, especially with all that fluid drained. Since my kidney(s) are no longer functioning I am no longer urinating and that fluid collects, usually they get the fluid off through dialysis but for some reason it likes to gather around the lining of my lungs and that’s a very difficult place to get fluid off with dialysis. My only real chance of it completely clearing up is to have a functioning kidney and we’re hoping to find a donor real soon so I can have another transplant (I have type O blood if you know anyone). Until then I am kind of stuck in limbo with all this.