Uncharted Waters

It’s overwhelming, a little bit. Okay, a lot. After all this time alone, here is this universe of people who know almost exactly what I go through every day. The mundane things, the bizarre things I’ve never asked anyone about. I think about diabetes nearly every second of the day–there is a constant algorithm happening in my mind at all times–so it seems strange that after only a couple of days posting here I should have this strange reaction. It’s embarrassing, but I feel as though this part of me has been locked away for 22 years and has just finally been let outside. It’s all a bit much, it makes me a little teary.

I suppose what I mean to say is: thanks, to all of you.

I had the same reaction when I found this place. Finally, I felt understood. Hopefully you’ll continue to find lots of help for solving that constant algorithm of diabetes and life.
Thinking for a pancreas is hard work!

I had the same feeling too Emma!! There are so many things that I thought that ONLY I did… then I learn that there are people like me all over the place :slight_smile:

It’s nice to know that you are not alone… and somehow knowing you all makes dealing with the algorithm a bit easier!

I’m SO glad that you found us!!!

Thank you, Autumn and Kristin. It is pretty amazing, isn’t it? I’m glad I found you as well.

Thanks for your post. I think I understand what you mean, even though I didn’t come at it that way. My approach to problems is to research the hell out of them till I figure them out, and with the help of the internet I found TuDiabetes on only my second or third day diagnosed! Nevertheless it has been great and I have learned SO much from here.

Thanks, Misty. It would have been really helpful to have had the Internet around when I was first diagnosed in 1985! Ah, well, it’s here now and I’m thankful.

Judith, thanks for your comment. It’s so nice to know we’re not alone!