Unexpected low :(

I have a few friends/family who developed Type 2 diabetes after being put on statins. They got off the statins and they were ‘cured’. Of course, diet/weight loss can cure Type 2 diabetes.

Unfortunately, this happens to all of us - but I wanted to offer some comments based on 63 years of experience w/T1D:
Firenza is correct, not all carbs are the same. Some (dietary fiber) have little or no effect on blood glucose levels, others (disaccharides like table sugar, apple juice and most candy) take 30 minutes to raise glucose levels because they have to be digested to form glucose first, but glucose tablets are usually raise levels within 5 or 10 minutes if you let them linger in your mouth for a few minutes, where absorption is faster. Glucose brings you up faster without going too high.
My experience is that not taking basal (24 or 48 hour) insulin inevitably produces sequential lows and highs (although not in the morning).
Hard to know what caused your event, but if I had glucose level of 95 and took my usual breakfast dose 45 minutes before eating I would be at 55 too.
What Dexcom are you using? Mine gives me rapid fall warnings.