Unexpected Weak Signal Alerts

Last night I was laying on my back, on top of the covers, wearing very light pajamas, and I got a Weak Signal alert. My pump batteries were good (I had recently replaced them, I wasn’t even close to the Low Battery alert). So I confirmed the alert and tried to go back to sleep. Then a little later I got a Lost Sensor alert (still on my back, on top of the covers, light pajamas), so I went through the Find Lost Sensor option on the menu, and then the pump was happy. Almost. Even though it stopped giving errors/alerts, it was giving lower numbers than it should have been. It had been 3 or 4 days since changing the sensor, and it was previously good, this all started in one night for no known reason. But Weak Signal, Lost Sensor, and incorrect low numbers all connect to lower than appropriate ISIG numbers. The confusing thing is that normally when I get inappropriate & incorrect low ISIG numbers it is because I was laying on my stomach (or something similar to suffocate the transmitter), but this time I was, like I said, on my back, on top of the covers, in light pajamas, and all my numbers were good before bed. My only remaining theory is that the transmitter was not charged (although I always fully charge it before each change, and I had the green light), so I am going to replace my charger battery (I wish the charger plugged into a wall outlet) and see if that makes it better for next time. I think there should be alerts for low transmitter battery like there are for low pump battery. Has anybody else ever had scenarios like this? (NOTE: I am using the MiniMed Paradigm 570 with the Enlite sensor)

So you are speaking of the Medtronic transmitter. Here are some things that come to mind.

1. There may have been some interference, very unlikely but possible.

2. Your transmitter may be nearing termination. I do not know how long you have it, but if it is a transmitter for the 530G it is warranted for 6 months and if it is the 630G it is warranted for 12 months. If it is longer than that, you could consider getting a new one if it keeps happening.

3. The connection might have been jostled. As you know this happens sometimes.

or

1. Stuff happens.

Check them off bottom to top as more likely.