Unitedhealthcare decision — a step backwards for pump access (AGAIN)

I think that’s what happened as well. If you remember it, I’m gonna go ahead and say that it happened. Thank you for the feedback. I should have saved it. Maybe JDRF has it on file. I’ll write to them on the off chance. Thanks for trying.

@mohe0001 and @Mila Try this website and see if anything comes from it:

https://archive.org/web/

Thats a really good idea, Tapestry. They screenshot the website on July 3rd. Its the same one as they have up now. It must have been reversed by July.

1 Like

I tried to fight it with my UHC private health insurance plan but was told that since I have out of network benefits, to use those and it would be covered as an out-of-network benefit. Totally stupid.

I though they covered insulet. They say they do in the current documentation. I thought that was part of the compromise after everybody freaked out on them.

I think maybe for some medicare plans that may be the case, but NOT for employee sponsored group health plans.

As much as I love omnipods, the idea behind the newest forthcoming tslim is really tempting. I think I got 1-2 more years left on my mothballed Medtronic but when that’s up, I may switch to the tslim.

Omnipods are great, bu the canulas are a bit big for me and leave marks that take a few days to heal and sometimes sting. Never had that problem with the 630 canulas but love being unteathered and tubeless.

I’d be interested in feedback if you try out the new and upcoming t:slim system. You will own ever insulin pump in the U.S. LOL.

From what I understand it’s at least a year out. And I’m locked into the loop trial for 12 months and it’s only been 3 so no chance.

This upcoming next few years will be some exciting times.