Up, Up, UP and now down we go!

It seems like forever since we saw any readings that were not double digits (over 180 for my American friends). Of course during the neverending highs, we had my son's A1c done. We have not gotten back the results. I really don't want to even begin to look at them. I know we had good readings somewhere in that three month period but when? For how long? I can't remember them so that cannot be a good thing. Maybe I will just look at the date for our next appointment and not scan to the bottom to view our failing diabetes grade.

Since we saw our diabetes team last week, Mom went crazy and upped all ratios and basal rates. Nothing was safe. As I state before--I was going to win! I would beat puberty. I would beat hormones. I would see readings under ten again!

Not long after my acts of diabetes agression, I began to finally see results. My son texted me from the bus "Mom, I have 7.6 (135)". Happy dance! I wanted to scream! It was only one reading but finally something in range!!!

To continue reading this please go to http://diabetesadvocacycom.blogspot.com/2011/01/up-up-up-and-now-down-we-go.html