Urgent product recall

cgm is set for 90 for low and 200 for high. I had the pizza because all week I didn't really eat much and yes you are correct I will be going back to my easier to handle meals and smaller bolus. I can't take going down and then back way up high,this is like starting all over again. I feel like I don't have a full grasp on the pump but if I kept going like I was doing mdi I wouldn't have been doing myself any favors. I'm trying to make a positive change and they told me to be patient and I am but it's scary sometimes.I'm sorry I got sidetracked again, I figured my strips were correct because my accucheck strip in my other meter are spot on with solution and testing and my pdm bg test with freestyle strips were within 10.

Edit:wow I completely forgot I actually have the freestyle meter I got with my omnipod welcome kit, that has control solution. I am going to check right now, wow my brain is spent this week.

That's fantastic that you are striving to make a positive change. And I agree with Sarah as far as smaller, easier carb meals to begin with. As you get more in tune with the pump the extended bolus feature is a really good option for difficult meals like pizza or pasta, Chinese food etc. But as in most things with D it is a matter of trial and error. I am constantly learning new things about how my body reacts to certain foods and exercise and how to better handle them with the pump.
Glad you have the Freestyle meter and some control solution. In the past I never used control solution but some funky readings on the PDM as compared with the Dexcom got me to test out my PDM meter and it failed the control solution test. Initially I went to Omnipod and they replaced the PDM. Now I realize it was the strips not the PDM that were the problem. You said you had recently gotten your strips and hopefully they passed the control solution test.
Have you got any appointments for further training on the Pod ? My CDE has been a good sounding board but the reality is most of what I have learned about Pod use has come from other PWD who use it. There are some very active FB groups and a users group here as well.

" I just called Insulet and asked if the recall was legit and was told yes it is, that the recall had just happened and she thought Abbott would be sending out the recall information to customers, not them. "

This is a disappointing response from Insulet. The recall is only for people using these strips in the omnipod. How would Abbott know what meter I'm using their strips with? I don't even think abbott knows I'm using their strips since I get them from the mail order pharmacy.

*edit* maybe I spoke too soon. Sounds like just an uninformed rep. People in the other thread are saying insulet fedexed the recall notice and some strips to use while we get replacements.