Useful tools for people with diabetes

Hello!
Can you share any useful tools which may do life easier? For example, I heard about watch, continuously monitoring sugar in blood. Is it something real / well-tried?

Or can you post anything which you found useful for you and which help you in any way?

The Salter nutritional scale. It weighs your food and calculates the number of carbs, using an internal food database. I wish we had gotten one right away when Griffin was diagnosed.

One of the most useful tools I’ve encountered in recent times was SugarStats.com. I’ve been using it since it was in beta… it rocks!

Milos - I have been using the Dexcom continuous glucose monitor (CGM) for about 6 weeks. It works very well for me. I have several friends on them - some i actually know in person, others i have met thru different groups and tudiabetes…for the most part, it seems the CGM’s are very well liked and do help with managing diabetes. But they do not eliminate the need for finger sticks - and they are not 100% accurate - current CGM’s attmept to be within 20% of a meter read. The trending is great. I would not give mine up.

Pumping is a big hit with many too…i have been pumping for 17 years. It makes managing easier for me.

Good luck - your last A1C looks pretty good-- :slight_smile:

I use a nutritional scale too. Mine is made by Escali. It has codes for hundreds of foods and you can find out the carb content of food on the scale just by punching in the code. It is really useful for foods that don’t fit into a cup or other measure, so you can find out the carb content of a particular apple, for example, with or without the skin.