Using a temp basal rate

thanks john. just a little confusion over the language used. and btw, i am currently on a 105% basal rate, which is my “regular” basal rate + 5% more.

is this your total daily basal @phoenixbound cause this totally amazes me. if it’s your TDD that means you’re only pumping basal of about 7 units and use very little bolus? how can that be, are you honeymooning?

not TDD. total basal. been quite steady for many years. only variation is if my weight/diet vary and then by less than 3U per day variance. Honeymooning? hardly. I honeymooned in 1978, for several months. Tes tape results turning green again signaled the end of that phase.

Thank you! Less than a month on CRM & I have just learned the temp rates and I love it! I’ve chronic pain from broken back (I wasn’t diabetic when I went in for the surgery, and “it went off” during my post surgical hospital stay) and now I need a shoulder replacement. Just the doctor telling me that raised my BG thirty points in twenty minutes!
I was constantly doing bolus adjustments, then trying to eat to cover of it wasn’t right, etc.
This weekend, the first weekend after hearing about the shoulder replacement, I wasn’t able to get my BG down, and just kept trying different basal rates, and then would cancel then when I got lower…my Endo didn’t like it when I would tell her I really hadn’t eaten the carbs, they were just to get a bolus rate to bring down my BG.
Just read someone who said they used the temp rate when they drank coffee… that lead me to this forum. Thank you for your info!
My a1C before the pump 16 months ago was 9.3. It went down to 8.3 with the pump and it’s now estimated to be 7.3 from this first experimental month on CRM.
Your numbers are incredible.
I didn’t even know that was possible! Thank you for sharing!

Do you mean CGM?

Or maybe you’re talking about customer relationship management.

Sorry haven’t figured out about replies. I was told Continuous Read Monitor.