Using CGM without 670G pump for vaca

I plan to take a pump break while at the beach, but would like to still use my cgm. I don’t want to mess up the logic of my 670G MM. I have had great success with auto mode. Can I keep the pump suspended and still get my BS? Or will it let me suspend for multiple days? Is there another way to get my readings from the pump without using it with an infusion set?

I do not know. You need your pump in range for it to work with a sensor. How about getting a Libre’ system and run it that way? That is what i do when I have to go off of my sensor.

As for not fouling the 670g programing you can restart your pump with no data starting about 72 hours after you restart. I know 7 days is suggested, but I have read that about 72 hours is required.

Note: I am a Medtronic ambassador. My opinions are my own. They did not pay me to say nice things about Medtronic devices or the company. OK, they sent me a shirt and a cup but even I am more expensive than that.

Dani7, what did you end up doing? I have been off my pump for 2 weeks and would like to start the sensor warm up before putting the pump back on. Is that possible?

I ended up changing to the guardian sensor and off the pump. Back to Lantus and Humolog and much more stable blood sugars! I’m a die hard Android user so I used an Apple immulater to get the app to monitor my bs on my phone since Medtronic doesn’t have it available for Android yet. It is so much nicer not hauling around all that equipment! I’m sure I will go back on the pump at some point but the mental break from the equipment and alarms has been amazing!