Using the Pump in General

I’m a type 1 diabetic for over 30 years. During that time my control has been generally good, but I was having problems sorting out overnight hypos. It was suggested to me that a pump might be the solution. I wanted to try it, but I had reservations after I learnt what was involved. It took me over 2 years to get my head around the idea. I still had serious reservations. Thankfully the pump has been very effective in sorting out the overnight hypoes, although they occasionally return. It is now over 3 years later & those reservations remain. They centre on the implementation of the pump on a day-today basis.
Previous to the pump, my diabetes never bothered me. I got on with life, controlled my diabetes rather than the other way around & kept decent Hba1c results (generally 7-8 ; I got 6.9 once). Since the pump started, I have not improved my Hba1c results at all. In fact they have risen slightly. I’ve stayed on the pump simply becuase it helps conquer the overnight hypos, but it’s a heavy price to pay. Using 4 pen injections a day was a walk in he park compared to the demands a pump places on me. I envisaged the pump most accurately with the ‘ball & chain’ metaphor & to certain degree still do. I have 2 young boys (1 & 3 years old) now & there really isn’t enough time in the day to pander to the pump & get normal things done at the same time.
I feel a bit guilty complaining like this, as I live in a country where my diabetic care is provided by the state free of charge & I’m aware of how difficult it is for people, such as those in the USA who don’t have this luxury.
My problem is the regime itself. If software existed whereby the contents of the pump could be downloaded onto a Pc using a USB cable that could be merged with downloaded data from the glucometer (both makes differ), it might allow me time to carry out some analysis which is needed when you are trying to sort/fix a problem with your control which happens from time to time. Now when I go into hospital for check-ups, I can’t provide the data simply becuase there is so much required for pump users (ie. complete CHO history, Bolus & Basal histories, Test result Histories, etc.). When on a MDI regime, I had paper/software records of everything & not just at the times when I was due a check-up. The regime needs to be less concentrated, so that when there are problems to resolve, you have that spare time available to throw at the problem.
There that’s my rant over. Thank you for reading - it was problably therapeutic just entering it here.
P.S. I’m new to this web site, so do your worst !