Vacation to orlando (march)

Off to orlando in March with T1D any recommendations

Ok - non-D advice.

Don’t miss the Kennedy Space Center.
:slight_smile:

Not that far from Orlando. Worth the drive if you can find the time.

My D-advice. Carry in your handbag all supplies needed for 1 week in case your luggage goes missing or is delayed.

Thank u I’m so pleased with blood glougese I’m 100 mg/dl whst are yours?.. tim35

Keep in mind that MCO is a zoo. If you go during a “crunch” security could take more than an hour. Get TSA Pre if you can.

When I’m in FL, I need to be reminded that I can’t just go strolling into any body of water that I want because there are alligators in there. Watch out for alligators.

BG was 100mg/dl

Get a frio pouch if you don’t have one to keep your insulin nice and cool. March can be pretty warm.

Where do u get one of them from

I didn’t know either, so I looked it up - they are sold at a drug store called Walgreens. They look cool. frio pouch

Walgreens drug store locations

Do you have copies of your insulin prescriptions and plenty of insulin supplies in your carry on?

I’ll have a look online I will take all my drugs with me

They used to recommend having a paper copy of your insulin prescriptions, just incase someone thinks your insulin/syringes are suspicious. I usually only do that when I’m flying international. But, I think that I had a slight delay once when security in Seattle was suspicious about my insulin pump.

How are your BG today and what your readings??

We just returned from 10 days Orlando before Xmas. If you’re going to do up the parks, be prepared for tons of walking and subsequent adjustments.

1 Like

Thanks for this hows your endocrine