Voyages into the room of a teen with diabetes

Today I did the unthinkable…I ventured into my teenage son’s room and attempted to tidy it up a bit. In fairness to him, it wasn’t too bad. I made him shovel all of the used test strips, pump tubing, empty insulin bottles, and old school papers off of the floor yesterday.

My first stop was the bed. Time to change those sheets! As I pulled back the comforter I found stray socks–used, smelly and rolled in a ball at the bottom of the bed, test strips, and his cell phone. I couldn’t believe that he headed out the door this morning without it! He must not have been very awake when he was heading out the door but at least I know he did remember his meter.
To finish reading this blog please go to…http://diabetesadvocacycom.blogspot.com/2011/01/voyages-into-room-of-teen-with-diabetes.html

Yep he is a teen boy, those hormones of teen yrs surpass the real world of living, its his world:) and we as parents need to find laughes in it, because its the best way to deal with a teen, or you will go crazy, and who wants a Crazy Mom,not a teen:) hehe

I used to wash and fold my boys cloths and I would put them in the hamper and return it back to there room. Well my oldest would dress out of the laundry hamper and put his dirty clothes on the floor next to it. I never understood, but tried my best to forget about it… what goes on in there minds, and a bunch of teen flutter.

Its a great story you can tell him when he is all grown up:) then the two of you can laugh together:)

stray socks--used, smelly and rolled in a ball at the bottom of the bed

That left me chuckling for quite a while :-).