Want to talk about your numbers?

I’ve read so much about sulf drugs and have actually been on some form of them since diagnosis five years ago. This is why I want off. I accidentally forgot to take my morning meds (again) which means no metformin and no glipizide (not sure how long that stays in your system) and so far, my numbers are comparable to yesterday. So, I just put in a call to my doc to see if I can get off the glipizide for a week to see how it affects my BGs. I looked it up and right now my average converts to about a 5.9 A1c, so now is a good time to experiment. :slight_smile:

YaY! Awesomeness! high fives :smiley:

I always get excited when I have a good day, even if it’s day after day after day! :0) I woke up a tad on the high side this morning, 121 :0( [I’m usually in the 90’s somewhere], but I know why it happened. I had a 1/2 a roastbeef sandwich for a snack before bed, only 11 carbs (from the bread), but still, I probably should have shot a unit of R with it, but I was at 113 and didn’t want to chance going low overnight. sigh Oh well, I took my NPH this morning and in an hour it was down to 109, so that’s good that it was on it’s way down!

I hope you have more and more of these “perfect” days!!

Crystalee,

I’d reccomend purchasing extra strips! I like to keep a good chunk on hand, though my finances don’t always allow this, and I have on more than one occassion had to really limit my testing because of lack of money to purchase strips. SUX! But when I have the money, I do “stock up”. Thankfully there is eBay, where I can purchase them at about 1/2 the cost of the pharmacies! ;0) There is NO way I’d be able to purchase as many as I have, if I had to pay the pharmacy cost all the time!

It is great, especially considering that I haven’t often had them. I’m hoping that this is a trend and if I keep making smart choices and doing what I’m supposed to do then it definitely should be. :slight_smile:

Metformin may be useful in keeping your need for insulin down even if your beta cells aren’t secreting properly, It is for me.

I think it is because Metformin stops the liver from dumping glucose when insulin levels are low. I just went off my metformin and within a couple days I had to go from using 3 units to almost 5 for the same carb load.

And if you are insulin resistant, Metformin will further lower how much insulin you need to use.

Actually, Jenny, I must say the average charting is what SugarStats.com offers as of now, but let me write to Marston to find out if he has plans to enhance the charting to display all values in a day.

I am definitely sticking with the Metformin. My doc’s office finally called me back and advised that he will move me to the 10mcg Byetta pen and said if my numbers go lower let him know as he’d like to begin weaning me from the Lantus. I asked the nurse if she got my earlier message as I want to lose the glipizide first, then we could discuss the Lantus. She was very resistant. I told her to have the doc call me. She said not to change anything and if my numbers go lower then call and I could discuss with the doc then. sigh This is the new doc (my 4th, as the previous three were content to have my A1c at or near 7.0). Am I wrong to be frustrated?