Weird bolus issue warning: inset was partially out

So nice to have this forum. Otherwise our experiences are happening in a vacuum. I use Tandem Slim 2 and DC. I’ve had very similar experiences w/unexplained fluctuating BG readings on pump. Usually confirmed w/finger sticks. Just seems like it’s functioning on it’s own terms rather than according to parameters set. Always think it’s because I’VE done something I’ve done wrong but because of this forum, I know these are things experienced by others. Have also found Tech Support to be close to worthless in past few months so frequently don’t even call. Thank you for info about just changing things out when things happen that can’t be explained or remedied no matter what you do.

In 6 months of using TruSteel the ony time I had a cannula accidentally come out, it was fully inserted until I removed a sweaty T-shirt and the wings caught on the shirt and pulled it off. This was the same day I had inserted it, so not wanting to waste 150units of insulin I attached a new cannula, did a minimum tubing fill and inserted it 1/2" over.

Since then I have always used SkinTac. I’ve had a few bad sites where I was able to pull out the cannula and reinsert it one site over. Dabbing SkinTac on the fabric or cannula oir CGM reenergizes the adhesive.

I sometimes add a temoprary strip of tape across the pads whike working, but the only time I’l normally cover a cannula is for a shower. I use a strip of KT Tape with a piece of the liner tape to prevent the tape from sticking ti the cannula. I thought about using Tegaderm, but the cost was much higher at that time.

Thanks, Sally, I was looking for a tape to secure the tubing. I will probably order a roll in 2023. So far I don’t have issues with skin irritation or G6 sensors or infusion sets coming lose.