Weird pump/infusion site question

I’m relatively new to using my pump. I have a T-Slim X2. I finally got in touch with my doctor and he helped adjust my settings and my numbers are starting to get more normal. Thankfully!

But, my question today has to do with my infusion site.
It seems like when I put it on the left side of my stomach, it ends up getting really irritated and hurts after a day or so. But, when I put it on the right side of my stomach it doesn’t. So, my question is, is that something that anyone else has experienced? I asked the woman helping me set up the pump, and she’s been great, but she said that the only thing that it might be is that I need to really make sure that my skin is clean before i insert it. That MIGHT be it, but, I don’t see why it’d be one side that has two noticeable red marks and the other side doesn’t. Or, maybe it’s just a coincidence?
Thank you!!! And Merry Christmas to everyone here. You guys are the best. :slight_smile:

I have similar issues in my abdomen, So I rarely use it. I tend to use my arms, legs, love handles and upper chest for sites. I move the set around every time and try not to use the same site within 2 weeks if possible.

My trainer told me abdomen only for sites, which is what they have to say since the FDA trials were done with site insertions there.

1 Like

@Jakewriter1, are you left or right handed. I have heard of this happening before. You dominate hand cleans better than your non-dominate hand in the example I read about over on the JDRF forum.

Check out how you are site prepping…

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Might also have something to do with how you sleep, wear your clothes, or otherwise carry yourself. I’m wondering if your left-side belly sites get rubbed or jostled more. Maybe you eat at a counter often, learning on your left arm and turning your left side into the counter? Maybe your waist bands ride lower on the right-hand side because those pockets are weighed down, keeping your right side sites clear of irritation, but not the left?

2 Likes

That might have something to do with it! I’ll have to pay attention more to which side I’m washing more or leaning on more or otherwise touching more!

1 Like

Ohhhhh, could be. I’m not even sure, but I’ll have to pay attention and see! :slight_smile: Thank you for the suggestions!

1 Like

I agree with it being a left right handed thing. You probably insert them differently depending on which hand you use.

1 Like

My left side is awful for infusion sets while my right side is perfect. I do four site rotation abdominal left, leg left, leg right abdominal right repeat.

That way I am only on abdominal left for 3 days and then off for nine it seems to help. Who knows however.

1 Like