Welcome 2015!

It only just occurred to me that maybe I can blog on TuDiabetes. Just after it occurred to me that it might be a good time to start blogging about the never ending, never complete mission to get the diabetes (Type 1, in my case) monster fully under control.

One big reason to start writing about (my) diabetes is that 2015 could be a good year (there's no harm in starting out hopeful, right?). In Germany, we are waiting for the recommendation of the German Healthcare Quality Institute on CGM. And hopefully Abbott will manage to start producing Flash Glucose Monitoring (FGM) kits so I can try one...

A little bit about me - I've had Type 1 diabetes for over 20 years. Miraculously I have no (diagnosed) complications. I've been using a pump for the last few years which overall has helped things a lot. Nevertheless, I have real problems keeping control of blood sugars due to ever changing schedules and a lot of exercise. These are (in my opinion) worsened by the limit on blood testing sticks here in Germany, but that's a topic for another blog post, and as already mentioned, there are positive signs with FGM/CGM that the whole testing situation might get shaken up.

welcome to tudiabetes
this is a lovely place
please join our chat room where we all help each other & also have fun
i have had t1 since 1936 & also have pump since year 2000

Thanks for your encouragement. I've been on TuDiabetes for a while and found the forums really helpful.