What a day!

I woke up today with FBS 84… I had 1 cup cereal milk drink (19g carbohydrates), 4 pcs of crackers (16g carbohydrates, 2g sugar) and half a slice of hotdog for breakfast, then take my dose of metformin… after 2 hours, I was feeling funny, I thought I was low… check my BG, BAM! 208… wondering what happen there… because this is not the first time that I had eaten the same food… usually after 2 hours, it will be 90 up to 134 only, it was written on my logbook.

Out of shock… Man! you should see me panic! I thought my heart will fall out, I call my husband “Pa, follow me”…and I ran out of the room to the terrace, my husband is behind me, I felt my face is numbing. my husband was telling me to relax while massaging my back lightly… In times like this I find it the hardest to relax, crazy thing is running on my mind, but I am trying… I stared at the trees… ahhh green… hmmm… blurry green… my cousin followed us and asked me, “what’s happening”… I said… “panic attacks”… and he said jokingly… “why do you let Panic, attacks you?”… got me into thinking…well, he got a point… we laughed…

The last time I had a 200 or plus BG was February 17, 2008, a day before my birthday, I know that was stress related, because at that time I was furious with someone…

I’ve been very picky with what I eat, I can’t afford to have a complication since you know how hard life is… though keeping it in a normal readings is a daily workout but I’m trying my very best to attain it.

After feeling relaxed, I drank water successively (up to 1 liter) and after an hour my BG was down to 105… and another 30 minutes passed it’s down to 76…

Then lunch time, I had fish and 11/4 cup of rice rice, no metformin for lunch… after 2 hours my BG was 128… What the ???, this morning I ate light and had metformin but BG shoot up like crazy and at lunch time I had over a cup of rice, no meds but BG is good… crazy isn’t it???

Hope it will stay ok for the rest of the day…

CONTINUATION…

This is just a continuation of my blog this morning… . my afternoon went well, though I did not take metformin after lunch, it went down dramatically, I took lunch at 2pm… 2 hours after lunch my BG was 128… at 6:30pm my BG was 87…

I ate dinner at 7:30pm… 2 hours after dinner, I felt the funny feeling again, check my BG, BAM! 199, what a day!!!.. As I am typing this I am waiting for it to come down(drinking a lot of water)… Let’s see what’s the reading after 30 minutes (before clicking the publish post button)

30 minutes passed, 152… I know it’s coming down… {{{sigh}}}, what a day! really, this is the first time that I have super high readings twice in a day… indeed, there’s always a first time…

so, I have to change my previous blog title to what a day! LOL

what a day is a great title for your blog!! LOL, you had a High Day! I hope all goes better for you! Don’t stress; I know it’s easier said than done.

yes you are all right guys… :slight_smile:

{{{Debb}}}: it’s a good thing my husband and cousin was there to support me, they were able to divert my attention to something and after that I just laugh at the whole thing, especially when I remember how I look when I was panicking and running… and yes, today is a better day…

{{{DiabeticizME}}} : It’s indeed a high day for me, but it’s also a revelation that meaning my body is not used to high numbers that I was able to feel it when it shoots up… :wink:

{{{Cathy}}} today, my numbers are ok FBS 89… 2 hours after breakfast BG155 (160 below is my aim) and I hope it will stay ok the whole day…

{{{Robert}}} hi robert, i am really happy for you you had a wonderful vacation… you need that break… and you still need to feed me about your fun fun fun experience there plus more… LOL,
I had a goodnight sleep last night (thanks God), I was able to have 7 and half hour of sleep that keeps me going today… yes… just living… one day at a time… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments… Be well…