What about you?

I think it might be a faux as 1) single stitching 2) MrsAcidRock acquired in Korea, where that's a cottage industry?

I had another answer for question two, but this is a family site.Would be more funny though.Sorry I can't answer your question, moderator would ban me. ha.

Okay, here goes!!!

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows?

Orange Juice

2. What's the best picker you ever did see?

Mine is a freestyle. Haven't tried any other

3. What's your favourite glucometer?

Freestyle lite

4. Where do you keep your 'stash'?

Other than the insulin which I keep in the fridge, the rest is in a drawer right next to my computer. I do have a meter in my truck too...oh and at work.

5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar).

There is a peanut brittle that is sugar free that my daughters in-laws send me. It is local to them so I don't even remember the name.

6. What finger do you test on most often?

I only test fingers when I feel there is a problem. I normally use the palm of my hands. When I do use a finger it is the ring finger or the one next to it that is used to give the "salute".

7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection?

Abdomen

8. What about your LEAST favourite?

Upper arms

9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it?

Nah. I find comfort in the way things are.

10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes?

Drop on my knees and thank God. Then go out and have a double fudge sundae with extra everything.

Hmm... here goes:

1. If there is any "forbidden food" in the house (candy, chocolate, doughnuts, etc) in the house, then that. But usually there isn't... so I'll go with the boring chalky glucose tabs.

2. Again, assuming lancer device -- the small one that came with the OneTouch UltraLink. Not the Delica (haven't tried it yet).

3. OneTouch UltraLink, because it talks to my pump. But I believe there are better ones out there.

4. Stash, referring to #1? I've got a bottle of glucose tabs in the kitchen pantry, one in my nightstand, and one in my car glove compartment. And usually (but not now, hmm...) a tube in my pocket.

5. Guess I'll go with the boring already-used response and say diet Coke. Because I can have as much as I want without guilt. The other things still have carbs, but they hit me later in unpredictable amounts.

6. Index finger on my right hand. Second most common is the pinkie.

7. When I took injections (before pump), I used my arms in the winter (when I wore long pants) and legs in the summer (with shorts).

8. Not really sure.

9. My meter case: I'd love for it to be smaller, but that would probably mean making the stuff inside of it smaller. I'd also like some way (other than a permanent loop or weak piece of velcro) to hold it on my belt which doesn't require me to take off my belt to do it.

10. Check my blood sugar obsessively just to see if it were really true!

Jelly Bellies!! Except I have to remember that when they are in my purse, they are ONLY for lows.

What's a picker? You mean the lancing device? I like the Original small one touch ultra ones. I hate the new soft lancet that One Touch started to make because it doesn't work on my calloused fingers.

3. What's your favourite glucometer?
Definitely my One Touch meter linked with my pump. Makes everything so much easier.

You mean my D supplies? Well, when I'm on the go, I use a case from http://www.stickmedesigns.org/. I love it!! Best one yet by far.

5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar).
Diet Coke. Is that a food? Or a food group?

Funny question, but I knew immediately which one - my ring finger on my left hand. I have to always make sure I avoid that finger because it's the first one I go to!

7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection?
Tummy. Easy to reach and rarely hurts.

8. What about your LEAST favourite?
Arm. Hard to reach and it's the site that has always hurt me the most.

9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it?
Oh wow....well, first I would make pumps as small as humanly possible. I don't mind the tubing, but I like to hide my pump out of site. The smaller the better! Also, I wish pump cartridges came pre-filled with humalog. I hate getting all those bubbles out! And I would also like to see meters be more accurate. I am very insulin sensitive so this lack of accuracy can be downright dangerous!

Sleep. Without waking up to check my BG or worry that I'm going low. Then I would just eat a crapload of food without checking the carb content of any of it!

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? – Smarties Candy
2. What's the best picker you ever did see? - Delica
3. What's your favourite glucometer? – One Touch Ultra Link
4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? – Top shelf of my closet (out of the way)
5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). – Diet Dr. Pepper
6. What finger do you test on most often? – Right ring finger
7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? – Used be the arm
8. What about your LEAST favourite? – Used be the stomach
9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? – A little more room for extra supplies
10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? – Thank God!

1. Chocolate. I know, not what I'm supposed use for treatment but... Nutella works very well. Otherwise, Grape Glucose.
2. BD. I dunno, but they seem to just make it sharper :)
3. I have always used One Touch. Currently the Ping, but they suck the blood!
4. I have a bottle of Grape Glucose tabs in my car cup holder. Smaller containers in purses. Otherwise, at home in vanity.
5. Root Beer soda.
6. I use them all, even thumbs. Outside edges are the best!
7. The Back. I have better insulin absorption there.
8. LEGS!
9. Something that actually has some thought and style to it. It seems like these bags are thrown together without either!
10. I totally agree with you Valerie; What wouldn't I do? :0

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? Mini-eggs (chocolate easter eggs with candy shell). I stock up on small packages (28g carbs) when on sale at Easter and Xmas.

2. What's the best picker you ever did see? Have only used the delica

3. What's your favourite glucometer? have only used the one touch

4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? top left desk drawer, makeup bag in purse, great big sephora bag in closet for supplies and meds (I use a weekly pill minder because I couldn't remember whether I had taken lunch pills or not and whether I needed to take three pills at lunch or two and hubby made the suggestion I get one and it helps enormously).

5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar).Crystal Light pink lemonade or lemon-lime

6. What finger do you test on most often? ring finger and baby fingers.

7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? stomach

8. What about your LEAST favourite? have never tried legs- I have some bad twisty veins

9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? need to get something that contrasts the lining of my bags. I can never find it or my wallet.

10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? go to Las Vegas and have a liquor slurpee. What a magical place that has margaritas in a slurpee machine. Then go to the buffet at Cosmopolitan and have one of everything of the desserts. I was looking at pictures from there and it looks wild. I haven't been there since they opened, but I want to go! I will have to ask the staff what's worth the carbs...

Anything laying around that I shouldn't eat on a regular basis but seriously I usually use the glucose tabs
I have a one touch delicia that I really like, much better than their older system
3. What's your favorite glucometer?
I have only used the One Touch brand
In a cabinet in my bedroom closet. I also have a small fridge in the closet for unopened insulin pens
5. What's your favorite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). I like the hard candies
Middle finger on my right hand. I'm left handed so my right hand gets the most abuse. My middle finger seems to give the best samples.
7. What is/was your favorite spot to take an injection?
Top of legs or my stomach.
8. What about your LEAST favorite?
I tend to only use those two sites and really don't have a problem with either.
I would like something a little sturdier with an insulated lining that I can take with me on a hot summer day at work.
Drop to my knees and thank GOD. Then maybe go get some ice cream.

I actually meant to say I like the Bayer lancing device... try it if you get a chance. Something about using a rocking mechanism instead of jabbing? It's more gentle.

Each sweetart is 2g of dextrose, but a quarter of the price of dex tabs. I highly recommend them.

The top drawer of my dresser, beside my bed.

Ah, my stash.

If diet root beer was real beer, I'd be a closet alcoholic.

I lost (mislaid) one of my UltraMinis and got a new one that came w/ the Delica pricker and I seriously can't feel if the thing stuck me or not. It reminds me of "lancing" my fingers with high E guitar strings which sucks because, of course, they are covered with sex and drugs and rock and roll and are probably full of tetanus germs.

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? I usually use glucose tablets - preferably grape or orange flavor.

2. What's the best picker you ever did see? Eh, whatever, the one that came with my meter.

3. What's your favourite glucometer? I like the One Touch Ultra Mini because it's so small. And mine is pink, which is a nice change from black.

4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? I have a cabinet in the kitchen that is solely dedicated to all of my diabetes stuff.

5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). Diet wild cherry pepsi.

6. What finger do you test on most often? All of them.
7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? I have been using a pump for the last 14 years or so, and usually use my stomach. So...I will say stomach. I guess I used to do injections mostly in my arms.

8. What about your LEAST favourite? Same as above, stomach.

9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? Smaller case?

10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? I don't remember what life was like pre-diabetes.... I would make a bonfire and burn everything in my house that is D related. Well, not really, but wow that would be cathartic. What I would really do is go to my parents' house and have my dad make me banana nut pancakes. I would eat them and not worry about my bloodsugar being 300 later in the day. It's best not to put too much thought into this question.

ew! stay away from me acid rock. ha.

Yay! I love these :)

1. What's your treatment-of-choice for lows? cake frosting!!

2. What's the best picker you ever did see? one touch delica. the onlly other one i've tried is the freestyle which i absolutely hate..

3. What's your favourite glucometer? the freestyle because it uses so little blood

4. Where do you keep your 'stash'? in a set of plasstic drawers in my bedroom

5. What's your favourite sugar-free food? (A food that would normally be made with sugar). diet dr. pepper!

6. What finger do you test on most often? I use them all

7. What is/was your favourite spot to take an injection? arms for sure

8. What about your LEAST favourite? stomach! I hate it.

9. If you could change your monitor or supplies case at all, how would you change it? I want some sort of bag/case that actually has compartments for EVERYTHING i need.

10. What's the first thing you would do if you were cured from diabetes? I'd eat a cake and then test to make sure.

How do you figure doses for cake frosting when you're low?? (and can you keep from over-doing it?

I get those tubes of cake gel/frosting from the markets. They have the carb count on the back but I usually just use that for super lows when I don't have any other sugary things to treat a low with. In that case, I just wing it and suck down as much as I can. But, I guess it would be the same for most things. Like with juice, it kind of just depends on how low I am.

If you suck down as much as you can, don't you then go high? You might want to try glucose tabs. You can figure out exactly how many you need (I use 2 if I'm in the 50s and 3 if I'm lower and then I just come up to normal without going high) Probably doesn't taste as good, but keeps you from going on a roller coaster

I think that we can state that glucose tabs don't taste as good with a high degree of scientifc certitude...

Yeah they definately don't taste as good haha! The cake frosting works for me, it might not for you. I don't usually go high after. It tastes good and it works for me! I especially like the tubes with swirly colors. :)

As long as you don't go high after....hey, whatever works!