What causes Type 1 Diabetes?...state your theory

EXACTLY!!

Wow. Very cool to see that this post is still getting replies. Wellā€¦Iā€™m happy to say itā€™s no longer a theoryā€¦I know for a fact that Type 1 Diabetes is caused by aliens.

One night after I took some NyQuil I fell asleep and the aliens abducted me. While I was on the ship I was forced to watch a power point presentation about how the aliens manipulated our DNA and turned us into the insulin-dependent Earth dwellers that we are today. The rest of it is still kind of fuzzyā€¦I accidentally fell asleep during the power point and I was immediately thrown off the ship.

What can I sayā€¦power points and NyQuil donā€™t mix.

I did wonder where you went, now I understand everything.

Iā€™m a big fan of government conspiracy theories, but in this case I would say that maybe itā€™s mother nature trying to thin the herd (overpopulation and such).

Think about it. In China they are aborting girls by the thousands and in the rest of the world the number of girls being born has been steadily increasing. Mother nature is just trying to keep the balance.

We breed beyond her means to support us, she finds ways to reduce our numbers.

Stick to your Sifi books Einstein

Because this is the internet and in the written word there is much room for misunderstandings I will assume that you did not mean that in an insulting way. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong Niels Bohr.

As a ā€œbig fan of government conspiracesā€, you are an insult to mankind!
Try your best to follow this: A government conspiracy would require the cooperation of tens of hundreds of individuals, none of which could ever devulge their ā€œsecretā€.
Donā€™t you find this belief system just a little rediculous?
Please stop embarrassing yourself!

Easy Jim.

This is not a discussion for personal insults. Pavlos was just stating this theory as this discussion was intended, so please be polite.

Besides. The aliens created Type 1 diabetes. Everyone knows that :wink:

I became diabetic after I started binging on Surge ā€¦remember that drink?

tsk tsk.

sorry

mine was caused or triggered by a rabies vaccination i got in a third world country. not sure if it was lying beneath the surface or if the vaccine caused it (11 shot series makes for many possibilities).
i dont have it in family history and i know that vaccines have a ton of CRAP in them that are basically poison.
aliens prolly make vaccines :slight_smile:

No worries Jim, youā€™re a good guy.

Gosh almighty Heather that may be the cause as Surge may also be the cause, but I have lived with the knowledge that bulls and horses are the leading cause of type 1. As a little girl, known to walk through many fields to get from A to B ( no roads in Ireland ), I often met with some rompers on my travels. One day while wearing a rather fetching red outfit, I seemed to have caught the eye of a wonderful big bull ( retired from Spain ). He chased me till I nearly dropped from exhaustion. The only thing that saved me was a lovely river which I managed not to drown in. On another day in my travels of the Irish countryside, I can across a horse, who decided to break loose and chase me home, I must state that I was once good at sprinting. How and ever I donā€™t believe I was ever the same after that. We also had a mad rooster who kept my whole family locked inside our home for ages. All in all very truamatic experiences for one so young.

Iā€™ll share my theory momentarily, but something I heard from a customer when I worked at jack n the box is that Type one diabetes comes from the fact that we take so many vaccines when we are younger, so we are confusing our bodies. It was an interesting theory and I couldnā€™t quite follow it. If itā€™s true, then why is it that children in public schools are required to be vaccinated and yet 10%(I believe) of the population are diabetics? 1% of which being type one. Another theory I heard was a viral infection, so can we combine the two and make a viral infection shot?

As for my own theory, I think people are predisposed to certain diseases whether it be scitzophrenia, diabetes, alzheimers, ect. I feel that there are stressors that happen in their lives that trigger these different diseases. To some, they might have a slight increase in stess and still trigger a disease whereas for others they might have more stress but eventually have a different disease or not be predisposed to any disease at all. Maybe itā€™s a recessive trait so itā€™s even more random. Iā€™m the first in my family to have type one diabetes that I know of. Iā€™m adopted, and found that I have two birth uncles with type two diabetes. I feel that when I worked 40 hr weeks and took 18 units for my college semester, that overbearing amount of stress took a toll. Perhaps, this is not the same ammount of stress for all, and perhaps if I had less stress I would prolong the time in which I was diagnosed (6 years ago when I was 20). I donā€™t know for sure but food for thought none the less.

I like your theoriesā€¦and your belief coincides with my ā€œwhat can I learn from this?ā€ When I was diagnosed, I took care of everyone but myself. Sure I didnā€™t beat myself up, but I would spend more time catering to others needs than ensuring I met my own. Being a diabetic has forced me to be health conscious as well as my own health advocate. I know I can go to any state or country hospital and tell them what I need and what to do better than most of them know how. I know this from expererience and finding a means to be active in my health care.
Best
Pam

Jim, Jim, Jim,

Did you really think you could say ā€œsorryā€ and get away with it?

Before I start handing you your ā– ā– ā–  on a platter I would like to say to the admins that I am fully aware of the rules of TUDiabetes and such but I donā€™t take kindly to mental midgets such as Jim-Bob here insulting me for no reason. So do what you will.

Jimmy: you shouldnā€™t store your glasses up your ā– ā– ā– ; I know you must like the feeling, but all the ā– ā– ā– ā–  left behind seems to be hindering your eyesight. Too bad you donā€™t have any similar excuse to explain your intelligence (or lack thereof).

I wrote ā€œbig fan of . . .ā€ not ā€œI believe them.ā€ Iā€™m also a big fan of Santa Clause, but that doesnā€™t mean I believe he is real. How about you try to follow what you are saying before you suggest others do. ā€œA government conspiracy would require the cooperation of tens of hundreds of individuals, none of which could ever devulge their ā€œsecretā€.ā€ Tens of hundreds??? You do know that means thousands . . . right??

Math lesson done, on to history. Greek history in fact. Once upon a time Greece had a King. A big bad man appeared out of nowhere and overthrew him plunging the country into chaos. People died, starved, and were tortured because of this man who had become a dictator. Brave people gave their life to stop him and eventually succeeded. The government conspiracy theorists claimed for decades (thatā€™s tens of years to you) that it was the American government that gave him power and everyone laughed at them. Ten years ago the CIA files on this matter were declassified and guess what? All those people who you consider an insult to humanity were 100% correct. The US government trained him, funded him, and used covert military operations to dethrone him. It also rigged elections in his favor and kidnapped people on his behalf.

All this happened and yet all those tens of hundreds of people involved never divulged their secret. Greece, by the way, is not the only example of this, just the one that is closest to my heart.

So unless you were apologizing for your display of stupidity, my answer to you is: apology not accepted.

And for future reference you shouldnā€™t use Sci Fi as an insult. Have you ever heard of Jules Verne? No, of course you havenā€™t. He wrote Sci Fi books such as A Journey to the Center of the Earth, From the Earth to the Moon, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Around the World in Eighty Days, and The Mysterious Island long before space, air and underwater travel were possible.

What a ridiculous fellow he was to think that we could go to the moon . . . right?

Go ahead Jim, keep pocking the bear. Iā€™m in the mood for jackasses like you today.

The ā€œsorryā€ was to Dino. He understood where my message was intended because he responded to it. In other words, you do not have an apology to not accept.
Thanks for your history lesson. As my degree deals with mathematical abstractions, this is the primary area of my reading. It surely would be great to have the time to read Jules Verne and other great American story tellers.
The few books in which I enjoy out of my profession are usually presidential bios.
In spite of this, Iā€™m fairly sure the ancient Greek scholars were not, "name callers."
Tens of hundreds was a rediculous errorā€¦ Not crude, but rediculous all the same.
Iā€™ll reply no more.

ā€œIā€™m fairly sure the ancient Greek scholars were not, ā€œname callers.ā€ā€

Nor were they apt to suffer unprovoked insult without responding in kind. In fact wars were started by just such occurrences.

ā€œyou do not have an apology to not accept.ā€

Too bad. That was the very least you should have considered doing to acknowledge the fact that you insulted me without any justification or provocation whatsoever. Your lack of remorse is even more disconcerting than your initial attack.

ā€œIā€™ll reply no more.ā€

Your best decision yet. Iā€™d also appreciate it if you refrained from needlessly responding so maliciously to my, and othersā€™, comments in the future.

I honestly believe it was because of the flu shotā€¦ I had never had a flu shot before and with a newborn in the house we decided to get one. 3 months laterā€¦ type 1 diabetesā€¦ now that I have diabetes though, I guess I have to keep getting the flu shot so my sugars donā€™t go haywire.

Hereā€™s mineā€¦ October 2009, my outdoor adventure classā€¦ thatā€™s right, 3 credit college class went on a hiking/camping trip. We spent 2 days in pouring rain, and the temperature never reached 60 the whole time. In fact it may have snowed during the night. Oh yeah, we had no floor to our tent because we ran out of them. Well needless to say, this stressful trip got 11 of the 12 of us sick. My particular illness was a viral infection that did a number on me. I had temps in the 103-104 range. Others had swine flu, regular flu, and just plain colds.

Needless to say, Iā€™ve never been the same since. In December (finals week) I was admitted to the hospital in DKA and a fasting blood sugar of 550. A1C was like 13.something, also I went from a healthy 6ā€™ 170 frame to 145 in a matter of weeksā€¦ So I contribute it to a cobination of an illness and stress