What do YOU consider to be a great a1c?

My 8 year olds last A1c was 8.7 this was his highest post DX It was due to illness. I would like to see his A1c between 6.5 and 7.5 his lowest was 6.3 at 6 mths post dx.

I wish my a1c was below 7.2. I have had very poor a1c. Something always seems to happen. Like my infusion set didn’t go in right and by the time I know it I am 400, Or if I cut my basal rate while I run ( so I don’t get low ) and I run for a hour my liver will dump a ton of sugars and I will jump to 300 to 400 but that doesn’t happen all the time so there is no pattern. Like what happen while I ran the 1/2 marathon. I am doing better with the new 522 but I hope to get my insurance company to pay for the CGMS. While training for the 1/2 marathon I had the worst a1c ever a 9. Go figure. So much for exercise.

Personally, I thought that my recent 5.8 was pretty good, but my doc seems to think I can manage a 5.2. Based on my own experience, and how hard I’ve tried to manage my carbs and sugar, I think anything under 6 is pretty darned good. I’ll just keep eating healthy, exercising regularly, and keep my weight down. We’ll see how it goes.

Now that I am taking Byetta, I have achieved below 6. My last HB A1c was 5.7.
Metformin, low carb, and daily cardio alone wasn’t doing it for me; the addition of the 10mcg twice daily Byetta injections has helped tremendously.

anything in non diabetic range

I’ve always aimed for low 6’s…would say it would be okay 5.5-6 but not sure I could make it under 6 without a pump…I’ve floated between 6.2-6.8