What does all these symptoms mean

Last week I was visiting my grandmother in the hospital while i was there i got really thirsty i went through 17 juices in one setting after the juices i felt faint, start sweating profusely, got shaky, and started vomiting went to the emergency room downstairs and nothing was done. A close friend of mine checked my sugar the day before and it said H the day before that and it was 562 I i told the emergency room this and they said im not diabetic i still feel like this what could be the problem

Go to another emergency room. You are likely close DKA and could get severely sick! Your blood sugars are extremely high and they will likely get you on insulin to bring you down. Dont mess around with this.

I cant believe this emergency room but the horror stories are out there and do exist.

If your blood glucose is 562, you may be diabetic. You can buy a cheap meter at the drugstore and confirm the high levels yourself, but I think your best bet is to see your doctor today. I’m sure if you explain what is going on they will get you in right away.

Get thee to an ER pronto.

Normal BG is in the 80’s. No could, no doubt that 562 means you’re diabetic. Before you get even more dehydrated & severely ill go to the hospital. You can go into a coma & die from blood glucose that high. You have all the symptoms of DKA.

Whoever told you that in the ER should be fired.

I agree with the others and am beyond shocked at the response you got in the ER. I agree you need to get assistance ASAP.

I’m confused, because you also posted something really similar in March of this year.

I agree go to another hospital. 562 is high. If you drank all that juice your sugar would be high but not that high unless you are diabetic or have some kind of insulin resistance. GL

Didn’t the ER that said “you were not diabetic”, test your blood ???

You need to see a doctor right away. If your BG is 562 that’s not right. The emergency room that told you you weren’t should get served for malpractice. If the meter says “HI” it usually means you are over 600. Your symptoms are classic DKA. Go NOW!!!

Frances,

This is almost the same as was posted on March 30.

"What does it mean when you are thirsty as can be crave sugar and frequently urinating all the time, vomiting and diarrhea?

Additional Details
Last week I was visiting my grandmother in the hospital while i was there i got really thirsty i went through 17 juices in one setting after the juices i felt faint, start sweating profusely, got shaky, and started vomiting went to the emergency room downstairs and nothing was done. A close friend of mine checked my sugar the day before and it said HI i told the emergency room this and they said im not diabetic i still feel like this what could be the problem"

that’s odd…

See my post above.

I made a mistake and put this discussion in March 30 discussion sorry

How are you doing now?

It shows your discussions and dates on your profile. Please explain.

i admit i need glasses lol im sorry

What were you wanting to post?