What I Got For Christmas!

Christmas here was a very interesting affair. Quiet, with my brother for the first time in years, had fun watching my mom peel back layer after layer of wrapping paper and newspaper to get at her new Kindle, got to have my other brother, my sister-in-law, and my nephews listen over the phone while the rest of the family sang "Happy Birthday" to me on my birthday....all pretty cool stuff!

The best Christmas gift I got was an unexpected one: A Brother Sewing Machine from my mom! My mom has sewn her own clothes for most of her life, having been taught to sew as a young child by her mother. I didn't really learn to sew when I was a kid because my mom worked too many hours and there were too many kids and problems around for me to take the time to learn. Now that I'm an adult, I have taught myself embroidery, and I am confident I can learn to sew with this machine as well.

I've already made four throw pillows and then I decided to make something else. I'm not happy with the case for my OneTouch UltraSmart. The plastic that holds the meter in the case has a hole in it and, of course, it's a dull, boring black case. I was looking at some craft patterns, one of which had a pattern for an eyeglasses case. I made it and found it would really work well as a case for a meter!

So, here are some pictures. Remember, this is only my second project. What do you think?

I love it! So colorful & cheerful. Very cool. Think you're a natural at sewing. You'd think by now meter companies would come up with something besides boring black.

The black case on my One Touch Link is ripped also. I'm not much of a seamstress and am considering a bit of duct tape! I rather like your case better... I got a Kindle for Christmas last year and I'm still loving it, as I'm sure your mother will.