What in the world?

This is for sure a fubar, but I can’t figure it out. Feel like I just fell down the rabbit hole. I’ve been eating the same nut bar (13 cho) for breakfast for ages. All of a sudden… the last 4-5 days… it’s been spiking me like crazy, i 1/2 - 1 hour, then at 2 hours or so I drop back to acceptable. Right now I’m at 198 and feeling every bit of it. I bolused, I just did a correction (even knowing that it will prob drop on it’s own). I don’t think it’s my I:C ratio because I do drop back after the spike. Yesterday I bolused 15 min before eating, and it was better. Still spiked, but more of a curvy spike. I am soooooo frustrated!!! Dex says 178, meter says 198. Sorry to dump sigh

Thats wild Ralph! IT sounds like my last few days as well. I think Ive gone through some 35 test strips in just over 2 days. It went to double and triple checking as well as trend verification. Havent tested this much in months! Its no wonder you get a bit grumpy!

Hope the sensor comes around or gets to the point where you yank it out and start a new one.

While your in the hole you can always snack on the cake in the little glass box. Have you changed anything, like dinner, exercise, or meal portion siza? I think more and more that its the evenings and previous days activity that effect the next AM more than anything.

Not aware of anything that’s changed. I actually had a 2 carb dinner last night (lots of protein & fat). I’m back down to 118. Eggs for lunch. I hope the fubar gremlins have found another victim, or gone to sleep! May trying upping my basal a bit, I have almost a perfect flatline around 120 for the last couple of hours.

Thanks you guys. Im glad to see it back to normal as well. Also glad I didnt have to “Office Space” it. =^)

Crazy how dependent Ive become on this thing. I think I could go back to findgersticks if I had to, but having the Dex is a God sent. What an eye opener.

Was the fat more than normal? I find that fat in the evenings depending on how much metabolism slows can last easily till the morning. Whats your normal diet like jrt?

my fingers are sore just thinking about 35 in 2 days…

That’s exactly what I’m afraid is going to happen when I go on Medicare in 2 years. I KNOW I can’t get as good control, and yet, I’m planning to live 20 more years, which is plenty of time to develop complications. And I have very little hope they will change their regulations any time soon! :frowning:

Wont medicare supplement your personal insurance? Plus, I think it can be done in fingersticks. It just takes a bit more regulation and less deviation . Youll just have to nail down the dosing for Boston Cream Pie, thats all.

One word. Softclix. Makes finger sticks pretty painless. And a whole lot better than my arch nemesis,

The Guillotine - creating nightmares since 1982.

cringing Yikes!

I’ve heard good things about the Softclix. May have to look into that one when I run out next…I’m using the One Touch Delica. It was free from my endo. I also have some tiniboy lancets (http://www.tiniboy.com/) but they don’t last 2-6 months like the others and I can’t be bothered to change them. haha!

I have the same concern Natalie - Medicare in 4 1/2 yrs. Guess I better start saving for sensors.

os, I stay under 40 carbs a day, and usually do a lot of protein/fat for dinner to get me through the night. Maybe tonight I’ll try a different approach. LC burrito with turkey and greens maybe. I will get this figured out!! (Just two !)

I love that about the softclix. It has a cartridge with 8 or 10 lancets in it. I change it maybe once every year or two. I would imagine that they are all pretty similar at the upper end.

The softclix lancets are 32g while the tiniboys are 36g. Thats wild. Thats pretty dang thin. Im really not sure how long the lancets last in the softclix because you just twist the top to change the lancet. So when it hurts, I move it to the next one. Lord knows if I just reuse the same ones over and over though.

LOL. You will. Minimize the variables and start changing a single item at a time. The result will rear its lovely head at some point. Keep us posted on the results.

Time to start buttering up your Endos for those medical necessity notes. =^)

they are thin and short - bad combo for reusing!

I only change mine when I notice that I am holding my breath every time I test. When I know it will be painful, the last thing I think about is “maybe it’s time to change!” One day I’ll figure all this out. lol!

I think it’s contagious. My meter said 103. Fubar!!!

Nah. I only change them when it hurts. “Ouch!” Turn the nob for a new lancet.

Maybe so LOL. Wow, thats a jump.