What information or features would you like to see when buying diabetic supplies online?

I’ll apologize right out of the gates if this is not the appropriate place to post this.

I run a store selling healthcare products online. We added diabetic products about 2 months ago and have seen phenomenal growth in this area of our business.

Given the demand and growth, we are now in the process of writing our own software to sell diabetic products online. Currently we use Amazon’s Webstore, which is very limiting in terms of information we can provide for each product and the design of the site (trust me it doesn’t look good but it works - I promise).

Since we are writing the software from scratch, we have the ability to build it specifically with the needs of diabetics in mind. I would be interested to hear if you have any ideas on what information or features you would want to see in an online store specific to diabetes products.

Not having diabetes myself, I can only learn from great online communities such as this one and many others I have joined recently. I feel that if we can tailor our site to meet the needs of people with diabetes, we can really build something that will be useful for everyone.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and again, I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post.

1. Price.
  2. Price.
  3. Price.
  4. Prompt delivery.
  5. One-click re-ordering.
  6. Re-order scheduling.
  7. Re-order reminders.

Terry

Thanks Terry! All great points. I’m happy to say 1 - 5 we do already, so that leaves 6 and 7. Thanks again for your feedback.