What is your current Lantus dosage?

I just started as well, I am at only 4 units in the morning, but I am finding that my sugars are staying higher now.

I have that same problem. I am just starting out, but I could skip breakfast if I needed, however I want at leas three dinners through the night. I am always hungry at night.

22 units daily.
stopped smoking and BS is high, 200's.?
was below 130.
going on a month now, smoking.

My 6 year old T1 gets around 7 units every night at dinnertime. I am constantly making tiny adjustments to the amount. She needs a little more when she's been exercising a lot, and less when her activity level goes down for more than a day. Her Lantus dose sometimes needs to change for no reason at all. Or at least none that I can figure out.

I am on 18 units of Lantus at bedtime.
Then I take Novolog before meals, based on my carb intake.
My daily Novolog usually totals around 25 units.
I have been T1 for almost 37 years.

Hi there...I'm curious what your numbers are like now, almost two years later. I was diagnosed in July, 2011 and am currently taking 5 units of Lantus in the morning and anywhere from 2-4 units of Humalog with each meal (almost identical to you). I'm definitely in the honeymoon period and I know that I'm insulin sensitive. But since our numbers were almost the same, I'd be interested to know where you are now!

Started 21 May 2012. Currently 20u.

30 units split 20 a.m., 10 p.m.

I used to split my doses and take the Lantus 13 U am and 13 U pm, but now I take 26 U pm. I also take preprandial doses of Humalog, adjusted to the carbs I'm eating (usually 6 - 8). I was reading an article by some diabetes guru and he was talking about how doses over 7 U (of any type of insulin) were "enormous". That made my roll my eyes! :)

I was just diagnosed two weeks ago. I had started out on 6 units of Lantus before bed, but now I'm at 12.

I take 14 units of lantus in the morning when I get up, and 14 units at 9 pm. Unless I am playing golf, in which case it is 13 in the morning and I wing it in the evening depending on what my bs is doing.

8 months after diagnosis, 7u in the morning

40 units at 7:30 pm - been at that dosage for 5+ years

I have had type 2 diabetes for 22 years, on lantus and humlog since 2003, I use 60 units in am and pm. Was dosing 110 once a day but Dr said to split it up doeses that high work better when split up. I have 2 very arthritic knees and is hard to walk every day.

I am taking 11 units of Lantus at 10:00PM for daily bolus. I am a carb counter and take Novalog on a sliding scale for meals: at breakfast, one unit for every 3 grams of carb; at lunch one unit for every 6 grams of carb and at dinner one unit for every 10 grams of carb.

30 at night.

I currently take 65 units in the am and 55 in the pm, down from 75 units twice a day. Just started Victoza and hopefully it will allow me to go lower on my Lantus.

24 units @ 8:00 pm. Sometimes I split the dose 12 hrs apart. Taking 2500 mg metformin also. Like many here I get hungry at night. Get two walks in daily,but need to include a bike ride. Different muscles and more cardio.
Mornings are extremely light with some light Greek yogurt and maybe 1/2 piece of ww toast,peanut butter and sugarfree jelly. I took CoQ10 for quite awhile with no improvement.

I’m taking 5 unit at night. Just came back from my heart drs. They told me don’t let it get over 150 BG .

26 units at night. Consistently under 120 in the morning. 2500mg Metformin in three increments throughout the day. Zero lows and I'm able to exercise the spikes off pretty quickly. Lantus has been a lifesaver to me.