What kind of eating plan do you follow?

I eat a low carb, high protein diet, basically a slightly relaxed Bernstein with "slightly" being the operative word. I also basically eat to my meter.

I have been aimting for 40-50% protein/ day, which ends up being about 120G of carbs. I'm doing some workout stuff and tossing in a protein shake in the AM, after I workout, mostly for fun and to see if I can get musclier at 46. I think it may be working a bit but it's hard to say. I don't totally cut anything out and do vary things more, often to hang out with my family on the weekends, but try to keep things along those lines anyway. I am shooting for about 1600 calories/ day for a target but use it pretty loosely as that's tight and if I run over, it's not that big of a deal. I'm also trying to take some heat out of my insulin dosing and that's going well too. It's always a work in progress...

I grew up eating the heavy meat and potatoes and for several years have suffered greatly from mass bloating and pain. I discovered that I could eat the meat and veggies or the potato and veggies without pain. That has lead me more and more to less and less meat and lots more veggies and fruits! I too love to cook and don't miss the meat, and don't even think of the the potatoes very often. I eat a few sweet potatoes, and they are great in soups. Thanks for your input, makes me know I am on the right path for my Diabetic Husband to Be.

I would love to know more about #3 what happens when your liver kicks in?
I changed the way we eat, mostly all salads of some sort, soups, fruit and nuts. Watching the Carbs, no pasta, breads, white stuff! He keeps say he does not need to lower his meds-even though I read everywhere most people do when diet and exercises change. What I think I see happening is he is going low, then his liver kicks in and he goes sky high! I feel his own body is working better now that it is not on food overload, I know no one here recommends and med changes, just want what happens to you when your liver kicks in and how your eating keeps that from happening. Thanks