I’d like to know, what are things that make you happy about your diabetes or what do you like about it? What motivates you to take care of your diabetes? May sound like two very different questions, but for me it isn’t, I think it is easier to be motivated about things you like. I’ve written a blog post about this (and hope to get some more feedback on my questions in this discussion).
Things I like:
- Sometimes I’m really happy to have a good bs, especially when I didn’t expect it
- I like it when my new tin with test strips has the same calibration code as my old one
- I like to go a way that I go repeatedly and to find used teststrips - they are probably mine and make me happy in a strange cat-making-her-territory way
- I’m always happy to get new diabetes supplies or accessories, but this doesn’t happen often
- I like it when something has a carb count that is an integer multiple of 12 per serving (because that’s the “unit” I do the insulin-per-carb math with)
- Diabetes made me the person I am. It made me a stronger, more selfconfident person, who has an own opinion and has hardly ever been an opportunist.
- I have learned to listen to my body.
- It probably has also teached my some dicipline
- I’ve met some great people because of it, and I’m going to meet even more.
So, what about you?